Kids Konnection advocates for a child’s right to establish and maintain positive interactions with significant adults in his or her life. Our trained staff facilitate visits on site and exchanges between parents and guardians in children’s lives.
If you are experiencing any of the following situations, Kids Konnection services may be helpful for you.
- There is a court order that restricts contact between you and the other parent.
- Visitation times are a source of conflict witnessed by the children.
- Safety is a concern when you exchange the children.
- You fear the other parent may leave the area with the children.
- The children are in protective custody.
- A social worker or attorney referred you to Kids Konnection.
Visits at Kids Konnection
A visit involves parents and children spending time together at Kids Konnection. Visits are monitored by staff and video recorded. The length of a visit depends on your family situation and need. Visit services allow parents to avoid coming in contact with one another.
Monitoring can happen in three ways:
- Full Direct Monitoring – the monitor remains in a room off of the visitation room behind a two-way mirror
- Full Video Monitoring – the monitor observes the visit via closed circuit television. The visit is video recorded.
- Telephone Contact Monitoring. – for visitations at a distance, monitored telephone contact is provided.
Exchanges with Kids Konnection
An exchange involves custodial and non-custodial parents exchanging their children for visits which do not take place at Kids Konnection. Staff facilitate the exchange of the children between parents. Exchange services allow parents to avoid coming in contact with one another.
What to Expect
When you come to Kids Konnection you will be greeted by trained staff who will treat you with respect. You will be let into the building via an intercom at the door where you’ll go through a metal detector. This is to ensure the safety of children and adults who use services at Kids Konnection.
Getting Started with Kids Konnection
If you are interested in using Kids Konnection services call 605-226-1212 to set up an intake appointment. During your intake appointment we’ll discuss if onsite visits or exchanges are most appropriate for your situation. We’ll also determine the cost of the services as it’s an hourly charge based on income. Once you’ve completed an intake appointment we will schedule visit or exchange times with you and your family.
Please feel free to contact us at 605-226-1212 with any questions.