Supervised Visitation Centers exist to provide a safe haven for children during parental visitation and custody exchanges.
• Parents need a support and a resource
• A needed service to provide opportunities for children to know their parents
• To preserve parent-child relationships by providing a safe and supportive environment for children to visit noncustodial adults
• To provide an environment where children do not have to witness conflict in regards to adult issues during a custodial exchange
• To help families maintain, establish or re-establish healthy contact with parents and significant adults
Who May Use Visitation and Exchange Services?
• Families in which visitation times are sources of conflict witnessed by the children
• Families in which there is a repeated pattern of inconsistency or irresponsibility in exercising visitation
• Parents who have Protection Orders or Disorderly Conduct Orders
• Families where children are in foster care
• Families of where there is a concern about a parent leaving the area with their child or children
• Referrals from Family Courts, Social Services, Court Services, Attorneys, Self-Referrals